Monday, September 30, 2013

Long Time Friends

Is it really the last day of September? Wow!
Had a good weekend. Mike was unable to make it home to us due to things happening down at the job site. So that was a huge bummer!
But we kept busy. Erin had dance class on Saturday and then we headed to the mall for some much needed Fall clothes shopping. Plus, a little side trip to the Lego store always helps. And a movie night. :)
Today I want to share a layout I made just because I wanted to make it. I have been wanting to do a comparison layout like this for a while. And when I won the entire Cameron line from the Elle's Studio blog, it seemed the perfect time to finally create this page.
I am proud to stay that I stamped on this page! Remember my goal to use more stamps on my projects? Well, I loved the stars on the strip at the top, which made me think of my old, old collecting dust foam stamps by Heidi Swapp. The ones with the hearts and stars? Well, they work beautifully with my regular ink stamp pads. The five stars down the middle are stamped images :)

And I found the most beautiful quote to use on this page (after I had already started using the stars) that describes my son's friendship perfectly.
"Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they are always there!"
I may have done a little happy dance when I found that quote.

Here is the journaling:
"Evan, you and Anthony met when you were just babies. And we spent a lot of time together the first few years of your lives. But then they moved about five minutes away. And they weren't just around the corner anymore. Plus you started going to different schools. We stay in touch, but it's just not as easy to get together and hang out as it used to be. Despite the crazy schedules, you are still friends. I think you have the type of friendship that no matter the distance or time, you can pick right up again where you left off. And that is a very good friendship to have!"

Right now I am working on my first page for the Design Challenges class I am taking at Big Picture Classes. What are you working on right now?

21 comments:

  1. Such a fun comparison page, Mary Jo! Good for you for dusting off your stamps! They're the perfect touch on here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeeeee this comparison page!!!! I love the photos, the colors and those stars!! And loving the journaling too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful idea with the Long time friends... I love comparision pages, I'm thinking about doing a few 'then and now' pages...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT page!! Love the two photos - and YAY for using more stamps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool that you used stamps!! I love how these add to the page ~ I must try this. Glad you had a good weekend in spite of Mike's not getting home. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS design! Loving the stamps and the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful layout and memory to have captured! Perfect quote and great use of your stamps. I'm working on an album for a girlfriend at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it just great when things come together so nicely and unexpectedly :)
    Great layout and so nice that Evan and Anthony are such great friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea for a layout! I love the stars and they work perfectly for the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tamping looks great! Love those stars...so perfect with that quote!

    Sorry to hear your dh did not make it home. Before retiring last year, that used to happen to my DH too. I remember what a drag it was. But you sound like you handled it well...found outing and things to keep you all busy and your minds off of missing him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have some foam stamps that are definitely gathering dust too! Great layout, and yes, those are special friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My son has a couple of friends that he has had since kindergarten and it would be wonderful if they managed to stay in touch. I love your layout and the quote is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love pages like this, with older and new photos! So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this layout, those stars are a fabulous addition!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the comparison photos Mary Jo, and your stamping looks great!! Really awesome use of the Cameron collection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love comparisons like this! Great photos and I love this design. The stamped stars are the perfect finishing touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very beautiful and creative LO!!
    What a fun way to document their friendship!!
    Love that quote you found for the amazing stamped stars you added!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a great comparison page! What a wonderful friendship they share. I love your stamped stars, they are so colourful and fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cute! I love those stars!

    ReplyDelete